Sunday, October 19, 2008

Musically Inclined

Saturday morning, woke up at 6:30 a.m. with aching muscles. Fun, crazy badminton marathon every single night the past week. A chat friend asked, "What's good with playing badminton?" Ummm...lessening my waist's excess baggage and a way to release my angst instead of smashing house furnitures?? LOL.
Anyways, I accompanied Ayrah to the Salonga Music Store at Araneta Center. That day was the day that she is getting her new guitar. We have conspired to drag my brother who loves everything about guitars to the store so he could pick a nice guitar for her. My brother opted to educate two ignorant creatures who were awed with a cute contraption called a tuner. I could not believe though a guitar could be worth Php135,000 , how in the world could a guitar be worth that much? My brother, with a shrug answers that Jimmy Hendricks' guitar was auctioned at $1,000,000 and someone bought it. Ridiculously crazy really, if you ask me.

Salonga Music Store Guitars On-Sale until end of October

After much thinking, Ayrah beamed with excitement as she is holding her baby guitar, Brooke. Thank goodness she did not choose the name Gorgonia, Cobralyn or Junior.hahaha. I like the name Philomena though. Read more about baby Brooke on her proud Mama Ayrah's blog at Buntong-Hininga.

After which, we went to a videoke booth in Timezone Gateway Mall. Oh yeah don't we all love to sing our heart away. My sister who just came back from Atlanta, Georgia told me that almost everyone she met there asked her if it's true that all filipinos are good singers. My sister, in her most beaming smile and a wink said,"Sure!" Well, my sister might be very well not telling the truth but I do know that singing is in every filipino blood. Roberto del Rosario, a filipino, invented the karaoke and if that isn't proof enough, I don't know what else is.

Ayrah and guitar Brooke at the Oasis, Gateway Mall

I just have to say though that I am a fan of my brother's and Ayrah's singing voice so I recorded them without them knowing....on my ever-reliable sony ericsson phone. I'm sure they will kill me if they knew I plan to post it, but i'm still going to post it anyway because it's a shame for such talents to remain undiscovered. And it might very well remain undiscovered if this blog is still at the bottom of the page ranks, so people please read and comment on my blog! LOL. But first, I have to find an AMR to Mp3 converter... so yeah, the videoke booth recordings will have to wait until the next blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment