Saturday, April 4, 2009

Applying for Student’s Permit from LTO

I went to LTO East Avenue to apply for my student’s permit this week. Admittedly I am scared out of my wit to drive and it is just out of necessity as requirement at work that I am even considering learning how to drive. Anyways, from past experience, I know I have to brace myself to having to get into a long line when doing transactions with government agencies. So as a preventive action, the first order of the day is to get there early. I got there at 7:00 in the morning and true enough, there was already a long line. I finished my transactions at around 9:30 a.m. At that rate, I’d say the service could still get better and should get better. It was only bearable because I met someone while waiting whom I was able to exchange conversations with.
If you want to apply for student’s permit the requirements are the following or you can check the LTO website. Student permit is a prerequisite when enrolling in a driving school and in applying for Non-Professional or Professional Driving license.

(1) TIN (Tax Identification Number)
(2) Photocopy of any of the following
a. Legal or Philippine Government issued ID ((SSS ID, PhilHealth ID, GSIS ID, TIN ID, Pag-ibig ID, Office ID)
b. NSO authenticated Birth Certifate
(3) Parents consent if you are 16 to 18 years old
(4) Php318.00 for payment of processing and permit.

How to get to LTO East Avenue Office
(1) Coming from South (Makati/Mandaluyong/Cubao)
a. Ride the SM Fairview Bus Route from any bus stop along EDSA going north and get off at LTO bus stop
(2) Coming from North (Fairview,Caloocan,Valenzuela)
a. Ride the Baclaran or MIA Bus Route
Nearby Landmarks: NSO Main Office, GMA 7 Station Building, Heart Center, Quezon City Hall

Application Process
(1) Fill-up the application form
(2) Pass it to the evaluator (Window 2/Window 3)
(3) Have your photo and signature taken on Window 6
(4) Pay the processing and permit at cashier on Window 7
(5) Permit is released on Window 13


View Larger Map

12 comments:

  1. Great blog Karina. I loved the story about the ship Doulous - very heart warming. Karina if you want some free pictures for your blog fotoforfree.com.au has thousands. It is an Australian site and we are happy to share freely any of our pictures for any reason. I will review your site soon on Link Referral. Keep up the good work and have a lovely Easter. Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gail , definitely gonna check out your site. It would be a good material for my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have here a very nice guide for getting a student permit for would-be drivers in the Philippines. I noticed you got it from LTO Main Office. It would be easier if one will get it from LTO branches. The queues are shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes there were just so many applicants in the Main Office. It just happened to be the branch nearest to my house.=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is LTO open on saturdays for new applicants?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, they are only open on weekdays and office hours from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the transportation guide. this is really helpful

    ReplyDelete
  8. im 18 and am planning to get my student license. im going alone so i just wanna ask is it necessary to still bring my guardian?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi justine. No you don't have to bring your guardian, just make sure you have a an affidavit of parent's consent that is duly notarized. You can find a sample affidavit here http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/form1k.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey karina i love u... u save my ass lol. mwah mwah tsup tsup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi im 17. i live in clark and just wanna ask few questions. I had my student permit since last year september and lost it. And now im trying to get an unprofessional lisence. It says i have to have a valid student permit at least for a month. Is my info on the computers there? what do i hav to bring? And if a student id card is required, instead can i bring a certificate that im enrolled to a specific school in the philippines?

    In addition, inside angeles i think, there is a LTO, when and what time is it opened?

    I would be appreciated with ur kind reply

    ReplyDelete