Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Testosterone Overload

Men love bloody, painful things. And the TV remote control. My brother is the perfect example. I stayed in all weekend because I was not feeling well. It also meant sitting through every bloody testosterone-driven shows my brother is watching on TV.

There was the UFC 97: Redemption broadcasted from Montreal, Canada. Anderson Silva won over Thales Lietes by unanimous decision. The crowd gave him boos, they thought it was a boring fight. There was just not enough blood. Chuck Liddel’s lost to Mauricio Shogun Rua is career-turning and can be very well the end of his UFC days.

There was also the WrestleMania 25 which is at least, always entertaining. When I was fourteen, I thought myself in love with Shawn Michaels. A decade and some later, Shawn Michaels is still in WWE and almost took away Undertaker’s 16-0 winning streak in WrestleMania. John Cena won the World Heavyweight title, snatching it from Edge and the Big Show on a unique three-way fight.

There was also the Fast and the Furious Sunday morning boxing event at Araneta Center where two Filipino boxing stars, Ryan Villoria and Nonito Donaire won over their Latin and American opponents, respectively. After that is the PBA basketball game of Alaska vs. Purefoods. I was happy at this point, I am a fan of Alaska Aces and they won.

My brother is currently getting interested with American Football. And I was thinking, really, can’t the overflowing testosterone on TV be enough?

3 comments:

  1. Man in Malaysia loves soccer, English Premier league. Liverpool, MU, Chelsea.. Hahaha...

    Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...my ex whom is a pinoy loves wrestling too,,LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernard, did you say EX? nice. Lol.kidding. Thanks for visiting.Cheers!

    ReplyDelete